Tuesday, 25 July 2017

When it's you



Set me on fire, go and let me burn
Cause my heart’s desires give no return
I’m a mask covering failure
Only held together by a faintly beating heart
I’m a void that no one can fill
A mistake that no one can correct
I did you wrong so you saw my bad

Everybody hurts, or so it is said
 But you can only understand when it’s you
Everyone causes someone some pain
And it’s hard to admit when it’s you

Let’s take the truth as it is
Face consequences as they come
Follow our hearts as they break and break with them
Let’s take one for the couples that never were
One for the love that was never felt
And one for the future that we never saw
Besides, everybody dies, but the point gets home
When it’s you
Twincet©2017

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. A great reminder to watch how we treat the people we meet or interact with on a daily basis.

    You already have a poetry collection?

    ReplyDelete

comment